Virgin Money carried out a 'takeover' of the Gatwick Airport South Terminal departure lounge aiming to raise awareness of their travel insurance offer and give travellers a fun experience to kick off their holiday – plus a last-minute opportunity to buy holiday insurance.
- The messaging highlighted that they cover over 80 adventure sports
- To generate on-the-day sales they promoted an exclusive 20% off discount offer
- Travellers took part in a green screen adventure choosing from one of five sports, including surfing and snorkelling, and the experience was captured on film
- They sent travellers an email with a link to their film that they were able to share with their friends using social media. The email also promoted 20% off Virgin Money Travel Insurance and a free Amazon Kindle download
- A follow-up email was sent on their return from their holiday also promoting 20% off Virgin Money Travel Insurance
Travellers who visited the stand grew steadily over the campaign, with weeks 6 and 7 seeing the most film creations, driven by the high footfall summer holiday period.
- 48% email open rate
- 19,500 visitors
- 3,500 films
- 244 people shared their film on Facebook
- 45,000 'friends' saw a film
- 88% rated their experience as excellent!
"What a fantastic idea. The kids are all so excited after doing this experience. Starting our holiday on a high."
"I didn’t realise Virgin Insurance was so reasonably priced."
"I didn’t realise Virgin did travel insurance."
"I already have annual insurance with my bank. But I will have a look at the offer of 20% discount code. My annual insurance is due for renewal soon."