Reporting to the General Manager InLinkUK, based in London UK.
InLinkUK is a cutting-edge communications network that is replacing payphones with ultrafast free Internet hotspots called InLinks, starting in London and Leeds, with plans to build out the network across the UK. Each InLink will provide:
- Ultrafast free Wi-Fi capable of speeds of up to one gigabit per second for all users
- Device charging
- A touchscreen tablet to access maps, directions, and local services
- Free local, national and UK mobile phone calls
- InLink screens full of community content and information bringing communities together
Who’s behind InLinkUK?
- InLinkUK is provided through a joint venture between Intersection and Primesight in partnership with BT.
- BT are our client, and this role works closely with them. BT is one of the world’s leading communications services companies, serving the needs of customers in the UK and across 180 countries worldwide. BT’s main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile, and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
- Primesight is a leading UK Out of Home media company, one of the UK's largest suppliers of out of home (OOH) solutions with a deep understanding of the power of outdoor advertising as a current, relevant, and powerful advertising platform. Primesight operates across roadside, airport, subway, and cinema environments.
- Intersection is a technology and media company that helps businesses and cities transform customer experiences, improve operations, and drive revenue. They are the leading company behind LinkNYC, LinkPHL and LinkNWK who are building the largest and fastest free public Wi-Fi network in the world.
We are seeking a Head of Marketing for InLinkUK with broad experience and skills across all major marketing areas, including B2B (preferably in Media, Brand or Agency space) and B2C, and across Sales Marketing, Product Marketing, and Content Marketing. The heart of this role will be managing a small team to deploy our content strategy across the InLinks in the UK, to capture the hearts and attention of communities, generate a steady stream of positive PR and press (as well as combat any negative press) and increasing the value of our media to advertisers. They should be able to lead an influence multiple streams of activity through a cohesive marketing strategy, and to work collaboratively to leverage the efforts of multiple groups, including our sales partners at Primesight, BT, and the LinkNYC team. They will also be accountable for tracking and driving KPIs around consumer and client engagement and enrollment. This is a tremendous and unique opportunities to engage with people on the streets and improve the lives of communities across the UK.
You will report to and work closely with InLinkUK GM Matt Bird.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work closely with senior colleagues and leaders across InLinkUK and BT to understand the strategies and business goals of each area, and to plan and execute and overall marketing strategy that will drive business results.
- Lead the sales marketing in Primesight to launch, bundle and market product capabilities. Join sales calls as needed to advocate for the products and bring an understanding of needs back to the InLink team.
- Along with the Content Editor/manager (reporting to you), roll out the best practices from the LinkNYC team in the UK, localising the plan for the UK, and identifying specific UK needs, constraints and opportunities to drive iteration of that strategy.
- Work with creative team to ensure creative on campaigns in consistent with overall ‘Link’ brand and visual identity guidelines, and maximises campaign impact.
- Manage consumer InLinkUK communications channels, including consumer, media, social, etc, in coordination with project partners and InLinkUK Head of Corporate Affairs
- Management of the Communications Manager for day to day activities, events and Consumer PR campaigns
- Accountable for consumer insight gathering via NPS and other engagement touch points
- Identify opportunities to leverage BT to drive enrollment for InLinkUK, and to provide content and other capabilities as a content partner. Managing key agency relationships and deliverables quality
- Highly creative storyteller, with passion, interest and understanding of UK city life. Plugged into trends and multiple segments of the populations, including GenZ and Millenials.
- Experience taking a media product to market
- Demonstrable experience leading internal communications and engagement within a multi-partner organisation with strong attention to detail and results.
- Very experienced in creating a cohesive external communication strategy, and hands on ability and approach in managing agencies to deliver on goals.
- Experienced in delivering effective and engaging product marketing strategies above the line and through social channels.
- Understanding of UK legal and regulatory practices of marketing and communications to consumers in the UK
- Demonstrable experience of relationships with tech and marketing journalists and media.
- Ability to think strategically, but also roll up sleeves and lead by example.
- Experience in advising board level colleagues on internal communications
- Ability to operate creatively in an environment of change and ambiguity, and of making effective use of digital tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in public speaking
- An entrepreneurial, start-up mentality, ideally familiar with the UK tech sector
- Experience with running events and logistics of event production
- People management and coaching experience
- Extremely strong work ethic, ability to lead and operate independently, and a desire to make a difference
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK