Contract type: 12-month fixed term
InLinkUK is a London-based technology company working in exclusive partnership with BT to reduce digital inequality and help make communities better connected. We do this by providing high quality free digital public services through the transformation of BTs legacy payphones into state-of-the-art fibre connected digital community hubs called InLinks.
Since we launched in June 2017 our partnership has seen hundreds of InLinks go live in cities throughout the UK, with hundreds of square meters of pavement returned to communities, over a million unique devices using the InLink Wi-Fi each month, and tens of thousands of tablet sessions and free calls being made each week.
InLinkUK is a joint venture between Intersection and Primesight in exclusive partnership with BT.
BT are our client, and this role works closely with them. BT is one of the world’s leading communications services companies, serving the needs of customers in the UK and across countries worldwide. BT’s main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile, and TV products and services as well as networked IT services. Primesight is a leading UK Out of Home media company, one of the UK's largest suppliers of out of home (OOH) solutions with a deep understanding of the power of outdoor advertising as a current, relevant, and powerful advertising platform. Primesight operates across roadside, airport, subway, and cinema environments. InLinkUK is currently based within Primesight's London office. Intersection is a technology and media company based in New York that helps businesses and cities transform customer experiences, improve operations, and drive revenue. They are the leading company behind LinkNYC, Link PHL, and LinkNWK.
The successful candidate(s) will be comfortable working in a startup environment, a great team player, and confident self-starter. They will primarily support the work of the External Affairs team whose principal role is to build and maintain relevant external relationships to help create the best environment so other teams can achieve their goals. Support may also be provided to other parts of the project as needed, including but not limited to the Marketing and Communications team. They will be responsible for supporting the delivery of a programme of engagement across the UK and will be a key interface to build awareness and encourage support with communities where InLinks have or will be installed. They will be responsible for drafting regular communications to the media, as well as relevant local and national stakeholders (such as councillors, public consultations, and community and business groups) on issues relating to the InLink roll out and operations. They will also meet with and will help develop and operate programmes and activities to engage with relevant stakeholders (including the InLink Local and InLink Partners programmes).
The main responsibilities for this role include:
● Continue to support and roll out InLinkUK’s community engagement plan and help execute multi-layered, multi-channel campaigns with various teams across the business and in collaboration where required with staff from Intersection, Primesight's, and our partner BT - external communications is a fundamental part of this role so we’re looking for someone exceptional.
● Assist in the day-to-day management of activities with InLinkUK’s Public Affairs and Communications agency, and other external partners.
● Manage relationships within local communities, including government and not for profits to influence adoption and engagement essential for the InLink roll out and ongoing community engagement.
● Assist spokespeople with presentations, talking points, and background.
● Identify and produce local and national content campaigns alongside the Content Editor, Communications Manager and other JV partners.
● Drive local content communication from local community groups.
● Assist with business group engagement to support awareness and possible sales leads.
● Attend events and engage with stakeholders, discussing InLink benefits and addressing any concerns.
● Monitor and analyse results against metrics and goals.
Performance in this role will be based on 6 monthly Personal Development Plans, quarterly objectives, and at least fortnightly catch ups with the responsible manager.
Skills and Experience:
The skills and experience for this position include:
● Minimum of 2 years experience in relevant field.
● Previous experience of working in external engagement, community affairs or public affairs type role(s), either agency or in-house and/or with local government.
● Desirable experience working on planning projects, smart cities, and/or telecommunications environment.
● Relationships with strategic Government departments and/or influencers in technology and digital.
● Demonstrable experience on delivering strategies for engaging and communicating with stakeholders similar to those who are relevant to the InLink roll out.
● Experience of devising and delivering interesting and compelling communications.
● Experience of working in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment.
● Experience of working independently as well as part of a team.
● Strong planning and organising skills.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills (presentations, briefings etc) with the ability to convey business and technical concepts.
● Ability to work effectively with a range of various stakeholders.
● Self-directed, results-driven and able to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.